Wednesday, May 21, 2008

CCRB Report Recommends NYPD Discipline


6 min. ~ Download iPod ~ Bandwidth Challenged
embedding options @ Revver

An update regarding the video "Get That Camera!". The NYC Civilian Complaint Review Board has recommended command discipline for one officer and allowed 2 to skate by. The CCRB has NO authority to actually discipline police officers, their recommendations are sent to the Police Commissioner. I expect another letter in 2 years telling me no punishment will be levied against the fall guy.

Related Links ::: WATCH "GET THAT CAMERA!"

Labels: , , , , , , ,

StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know it seems crazy, but I think you have already gotten a very unusual
result from the CCRB. I looked up some statistics. This is what I found:

7,669 complaints were made to the CCRB in 2006.

Of the initial complaints made, the CCRB actually investigated only 40%.

On average the CCRB substantiates 5.2 percent of complaints.

[see some statistics here: http://www.nyclu.org/node/1344]

So you see, I think you got a rare result. I think it is even more rare
that a captain was disciplined.

7:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey man, it's great to hear that you got this ruling. Thanks for coming down and helping document things at the dnc!

5:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Mobile Broadcast News - we're there for you

↑ Grab this Headline Animator



Is Treason an Impeachable Offense?